What Commercial Services do you provide when Engaged by a Vendor/Supplier?
When engaged by a Vendor to provide services our key aim is to extract maximum value out of the contract for the Vendor.
A typical Vendor Engagement would be as follows (and generally arises where the Purchaser requires additional services):
1. Contract Review – we review the contract to understand the legal terms and conditions, the commercial terms and the scope of services;
2. Scope Determination – we would analyse the scope of services to determine if the ‘new’ services required by the Purchaser are in scope or out of scope
3. Out of Scope – we identify any out of scope services that the Purchaser requires;
4. Proposal or Bid Documentation – we assist in drafting bid or proposal documents that the Vendor can provide to the Purchaser. The bid or proposal would include:
- SOW/SOR – a clear description of the services required;
- KPIs – any key performance indicators or service levels that the services must meet;
- Pricing – clear prices or a pricing formula for the services; and
- Contract Documentation – an analysis of the current contract with a view to setting out the most appropriate method for contracting these services (e.g. by way of a Contract Variation Proposal or Contract Change Proposal to the main contract, or a new contract).
4. Negotiation – we can undertake negotiation with the Purchaser to ensure that both parties are satisfied with the new services to be provided.
5. Contract Creation or Modification – once the bid has been accepted and negotiated we can then draft the relevant Contract, Contract Variation Proposal or Contract Change Proposal so that then new services are clearly defined and documented.
How can the Contract Company help me?
Set out above is a typical engagement where we are engaged by a Vendor to provide Commercial Services. We can help with the above and more. Check out our Experience.
We are all about efficiency, so as we like to say, do it once, and do it right.